Problem with a G4 450 AGP

Phillips

Registered
I just got a G4 Agp 450 and decided to take my hard drive out of my B&W G3 and install it in the G4 and do an upgrade to 10.4x from 10.3.9
Did the whole upgrade thing and got the gray apple with the spinner screen.
I won't go into the 7 hrs. of things I did last night (I couldn't even get into single-user mode or run fsck) but everything checked out right on the diskwarrior and utilitys programs) but this morning I decided to put it back into the B&W to see what would happen. BOOM everything works.
My guess is I got some weird funky Ram in the G4 and need to throw it all away and get all new. it has a 256 and 2 -128's (all different company's)
Am I right?
Any good places to get good ram without losing an arm and a leg?

You've already posted this question once in another section. It's bad form to post the same, exact question multiple times, much less in multiple sections of the forum. If someone doesn't answer it in the other section, they're not going to answer it here, either.

Just post once, and if someone knows the answer, they'll reply. Posting more than once isn't going to increase your likelihood of getting an answer, and it will only tick off the other members as well as the moderators.

Back