Problem with fonts

whougonacall

Registered
I recently uploaded some fonts to my computer and now when I use AOL or Explorer, they seem to display pages in this unreadable font. It wont go, even when I change the font in preferences. any idea how I can get AOL & Explorer back to display readable fonts? Even some of my documents when opened are displayed in a barely readable grafiti like font. Does my Mac have a Virus?

No, you do not have a virus. You have one of three things wrong.

1. Bad font cache. To clear font cache, download Font Finagler. You will be surprised by the results.

2. Missing fonts caused by the upgrade.

3. Conflicting fonts.

whougonacall said:
I recently uploaded some fonts to my computer and now when I use AOL or Explorer, they seem to display pages in this unreadable font. It wont go, even when I change the font in preferences. any idea how I can get AOL & Explorer back to display readable fonts? Even some of my documents when opened are displayed in a barely readable grafiti like font. Does my Mac have a Virus?
Why don't you just remove the offending font?

MisterMe said:
Why don't you just remove the offending font?

I have, and this dos work for documents, but even if I disable the font in Font Book, AOL & Explorer still display pages with this scruffy, unreadable font, it makes browsing such a misery, but luckily Safari isn't touched so thats all I have been using to browse

Back