Problem with installer of Adobe CS suite

dazcoutts

Registered
Please can anyone help me. I have just purchased Adobe CS Creative Suite and the installer refuses to run on my profile in OSX 10.2.8 If I try to install it on another profile it has no problem. I have repaired permissions and the disk has no problems. Can anyone enlighten me.

Yes I am an admin user. I have installed the program under root user but I still had some problems with the VISE installer. I have now installed Photoshop CS but the installer came up with an error when it was installing Illustrator CS, but I managed to install this when i tried again. Is there a problem with the VISE installer. My computer is a G4 500Mhz powerbook with OSX 10.2.8 and 512Mb of Ram.

Have you worked your way through THIS PAGE for possible troubleshooting help from Adobe?
Do you have enough free space on your hard drive? (should be minimum of 2 GB)
You shouldn't have to install ANY software as a root user. If you're having problems with the installer either way, could be a problem with your RAM, but take a look through the info listed above.

I heard about some problems before and had this lying about.:

• The problematic installers are InDesign and Illustrator

• The problem appears to lie in the /Library/Fonts dir. This is documented at the Adobe forums. Before beginning the installation rename your /Library/Fonts directory to /Library/Fonts-bak and create a new empty /Library/Fonts directory.

• If you have the following directory and file in your home/Library/Preferences:
Adobe InDesign (folder)
Adobe Registration Database (file)

Rename them to something else. This was the problem with the InDesign installer. Once I renamed these files InDesign installer ran fine.

After Installation:
• Move the fonts in your /Library/Fonts-bak into /Library/Fonts
Delete the now empty "Fonts-bak" folder.

Back