Problem with my new Imac

Thakorr

Registered
Hi guys - I got a new 24" imac about 4 days ago and the first 2 days it worked like a dream but I have noticed that in the last two days it is starting to get hung up. If I ope my applications folder now the computer almost slows down to a crawl while it starts to display the size of the applications in the folder. Sometimes scrolling over my dock is slow and jerky, other times not. Sometimes typing is lagged, other times now.

I never know if when I turn it on its going to work perfectly (like right now) or if it is going to be slow and frustrating. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or a program that may help?

Hi.
I would you use the Hardware Test module (enclosed in your OS DVD you receive withe he machine; see this apple kb article ) and performs the whole bunch of tests to see if something going wrong.
Possible culprits are a defective ram board or a defective hard drive.

It's also worth checking out the Console (in Applications/Utilities) and flicking through a few of the logs to see if there is a recurring error message that might point to a software problem. Its not uncommon for bad third-party add-on software to make a Mac run badly like that.

nothing stands out on the console that seems like an issue but for what its worth now that I unplugged the dock for my ipod shuffle the problem seems to have stopped.

Back