Problem with pspell_new() function of PHP

jeephp

Registered
hi,
I am using pspell_new() of PHP, but when I try to open the php page in browser it shows

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pspell_new()
Though it is a PHP in build function. I had already given ext=php_pspell.dll in PHP.ini

My extension folder name is 'c:\php\ext' & I have applied the same in the directive extension_dir =

c:\php\ext in the php.ini file

Does anybody know why pspell_new() is not working or can throw some insight on this issue.

Thanks
Dhaval

Do you have pspell support compiled into PHP?

If you're not sure, use phpinfo () to find out. Just create a new file like this:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<?php phpinfo (); ?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

When you view the file in your browser, search the page for "pspell". I use pspell, and in my "Configure Command" section I can see "--with-pspell" about halfway through. Also, much farther down, I see a pspell section that has an entry "PSpell Support" which is set to "enabled".

From where i will be able to fine - "Configure Command" section so that I can see --with-pspell"

pls let me know i m confused with this.

Thanks...

Create a new file on your web server called "phptest.php", and put this in it:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<?php phpinfo (); ?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Then, in internet explorer go to http://www.yourdomain.com/phptest.php

If PHP is configured correctly on your web server, you should see a whole information page with all of the PHP configuration information, including the "Configure Command" section.

Hope that helps

Back