Problem with Roxio Toast

CM

Registered
Well, One thing is when I try to burn 3 .AVI files (Anime with subs) On a dvd, it works but I get no sound at all. And I've tried downloading different codecs and such, but none will get the sound to work at all.

Another problem is, when I try to burn a dvd with just files, it burns all the way to the end and then gives me random errors, making the entire burn pointless. >_>

Any ideas? I'm just confused as crap now. :s

It would help to know what version of Toast you are using and what OSX version you use. What codec to those AVI files use? Do they play okay in Quicktime or VLC? Also, have you tried using a different brand of DVD-R disc to see if that helps with the errors?

Oh, sorry about that.

I use Toast 7, and OS X 10.4.2, and I've tried with other dvds and it gives the same thing.

And I've downloaded 3ivx and about 2 or 3 others I can't seem to find the name.
VlC plays it perfectly, but Quicktime can only produce picture it seems.

Try converting the movie to a more reliable format such as a QuickTime movie (.mov). Then give that a go.

CM- You and I seem to be having the same issue here. I'm assuming that you are using Toast 7 Titanium to burn DiVX avi movies to a DVD-ROM, right? I have had some DiVX videos work flawlessly, while others have video but no audio. I think that DiVX movies whose audio are encoded with MP3 work, the movies that aren't working for me have their audio in some format called ac3.

I haven't had a chance to try this out, but a possible solution would be to use ffmpegx to re-encode the avi into one with mp3 audio. Yeah, I know it makes the burning process twice as long but Toast evidentally can't handle the current format so we gotta do what we gotta do.

I'll report back if I find anything else. Good luck.

themacko said:
I'm assuming that you are using Toast 7 Titanium to burn DiVX avi movies to a DVD-ROM, right?
You cannot write to a DVD-ROM (The "RO" stands for "read only"). Did you mean DVD-RAM? Or DVD-R? Or DVD-RW?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
You cannot write to a DVD-ROM (The "RO" stands for "read only"). Did you mean DVD-RAM? Or DVD-R? Or DVD-RW?
Oh, I suppose I did! I don't really know much about computers ... just enough to get by I suppose. DVD+R to be specific! ;)

Hmm, I've noticed when I put the blank dvd in it says it's read only, but I think it's this brand of DVD, cause it doesn't work on my pc at all.

And is there any free .avi to .mov app? Kind of on the poor side atm. >>

Back