Problem with the "battery" bar on the top left

Jycke

Registered
Hello,

I am the owner of a Macbook pro. I used to be able to set energypreferences according to energy saving mode, normal mode and high performance mode by clicking the battery icon on the top left. Now these options have disappeared. When i click on the icon all i get is the percentage, the power source and energy saving preferences, and show. Why can i not see the others anymore?

I have tried to find some setting that has to do with this but nothing.

Please, help.

Best regards

Joachim Granberg

This function obviously has been removed in a recent system update (10.5.6?) and for the newest MB/MBPs when they first arrived. You have to go through System Preferences for it.

Indeed, it should send you to System Preferences when you click on it:

Battery-Level-1.jpg

directly to your Energy Saver

--J.D.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I don't understand why this would be removed; it was nice to change my settings in one click.

Thanks for the answer.

Sucks that it doesn't automatically reduce performance anymore when unplugging the computer from the power source. Suddenly i realized that i in 1 hour had managed to almost empty the battery. Nice if you forget this on an airplane...

Sucks that it doesn't automatically reduce performance anymore when unplugging the computer from the power source.
My MacBook does.

Opening the "Energy Saver" pane of the System Preferences and attaching and unattaching the power adapter switches "Settings for:" from "Power Adapter" to "Battery" and back automatically.

Back