problems installing java 1.4.1 developer update

jbf

Registered
Hi there,
I have recently tried to install the java 1.4.1 developer update and failed. It apparently requires MacOS 10.2.3 or higher, the Dec 2002 Dev Tools and Java 1.4.1 Software Update.
I have an IbookG3 with OS 10.3.9, have installed the Dec2002 Dev Tools and I believe there should also be Java 1.4.1 on it. Software Update tells me, that I have installed Java 1.4.2 Update2 some months ago.
When I run the installer for the java1.4.1 developer update and come to the point where i am supposed to select my target volume (i have only 1 volume), it tells me that I cannot install the software on this volume and that "no text could be found for index 17". I have no idea what this means and will appreciate any help.
Many thanks.

You get those errors because you already have a newer java update installed, so will not allow you to install an older version. The software that you are trying to install would only be valid to install on Jaguar OS X 10.2.3 or higher, but not Panther, 10.3 or higher, as you already have the software installed.

Mmh, makes sense. I will check whether I can find javac or jikes anywhere on my computer, because that is what i am interested in. Many thanks for the quick reply.

Back