Problems receiving Win XP attachments in MAIL

RonaldMacDonald

Registered
I have two Macs running Panther. When my business partner, who runs XP, sends me an attachment, sometimes it is broken up into segments over a span of several email messages with no way to piece together again.

In the body of the messages it says something like this:

Partial message, part 4 of 10
To read this message, select all of the parts of the message and select the Message --> MIME --> Combine Messages menu item.

However, these are no menus like that in my 1.3.11 version of MAIL.

This does not happen everytime. I suspect XP more than Mac. Is there a way to send attachments in XP so it does not happen? Sending as a zip file does not seem to help any.

Is it always from the same sender or from several different senders?
What is he using to send the files? (Outlook, Outlook Express etc)
In the headers of that email it should show the version..

I haven't heard of this one before. I thought at first you were having a known problem with, I think, Outlook 2000 that could be fixed with tnefEnough (or whatever it is called--I'm not at my Mac right now. You may want to try it still. I'll get the exact name soon, tnef enough.

Also remember that Google is your friend hopefully. I'll Google and get back to you soon.

[EDIT: "TNEF's Enough" is the name of the, I think, free software. But I don't know if it will work for your issue. Please let us know if you find a solution. Other than getting them to use a decent mail app. :) ]

Doug via iPod touch

Last edited:
Back