probs with 10.4.7 and Canon

nato

Registered
HI, after many conversations with Canon about the inability for my 5D to be recognized by my mac (eventhough it appears in the USB harware list) I have been told by Canon that apparently it is "hit or miss" with 10.4.7 being able to read my camera. Also they say that this is a problem as well with other cameras ie: Nikon.
I have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled everything imaginable and still no joy.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? if so do you know anyway around it (other than to maybe go to 10.4.6)?

I am on a G4 powerbook, NOT intel.

many thanks.

I am not much help...I am runnning a PB G4 1.67Ghz with 10.4.7 and have no problems connecting with my Cannon camera. All I use is iPhoto though- haven't tried the software that came with the camera. Oh I have a PowerShot SD450. Good luck.

Tangentially helpful, I've had no issues with my Nikon and my Mac. Did it work pre 10.4.7 or is this the first time you've connected it to the mac? Also, have you tried a different USB cable or different port (ports in mini hubs like in the keyboard can sometimes not work).

Good luck!

Back