Pse Editor 14 Macintosh Will Not Open The Organizer From The Organizer Button In The Editor..

nealt

Registered
It tries to open the Organizer workspace but fails. There is no error message. I can open the organizer from the finder and it works fine. It appears that the editor has lost the link to the editor. Any ideas on how to fix this?

What have you done so far to try to fix it?

Did you just install some new software, or update your OS X system? What version of OS X are you running?
Have you recently changed your work flow (adding other Adobe software, or other photo support apps of some kind)?

Have your tried PSE in a different user account?
Have you tried PSE in Safe boot mode?
Have you tried reinstalling PSE?

I see you also asked about your problem at the Adobe support site. Maybe you will get a better answer there

I am using El Capitan. I originally found this problem by noticing that PSE was loading the Organizer from another one of my Hard Disks. When I deleted this version of the organizer the problem began. Somewhere in some file there must be a preference that tells the editor where to find the organizer. I have not been able to find it. Placing a copy of the Organizer back onto this other HD allows it to be opened by the editor.

Yes it does seem to work correctly in a different user account.
I am reluctant to reinstall PSE as I have a number of plug-ins and preferences that I do not want to lose from the PSE app.

The Adobe siupport site gave me no replies.

As I read your response, you are saying that PSE can't find the Organizer unless it is actually on that one drive location.
So, it would be a setting in PSE somewhere.

Maybe you should ask your question a bit differently:
"How can I set a new storage location for Organizer so that PSE will see it and use that different location?" or something like that...

If the setting for a different Organizer location is not obvious to you (I don't have PSE), then you would need to post with that different question on a site that is more likely to have PSE users (and more traffic :D ) - maybe MacRumors forums.

Why not just put Organizer on the drive where PSE expects it? Were you running out of space on that drive?
Maybe try a different drive, renamed to exactly the same name. Obviously, leave your OTHER drive with the same name disconnected.

Back