PSP with Mac not connecting wireless

LP96

Registered
Hello, I have a Mac PowerBook G4, a Sony PSP 2004 and a wireless internet access SpeedTouchF3629 and I can´t access internet with my PSP. I already got to the webpage of PSP registration and made all the steps they asked me to do. When I make the download of the software PSNDownloaderSetup.exe, it is not identified by my PowerBookG4 as a executable program.
I tried before I downloaded this software with the PSP in the Network settings, I made all the steps to the installation and it always said: "There has been a connection error. It has not been possible to establish a connection to the access point. Check the security settings for the network and try it again".
So I think, or maybe I am wrong!, that if I can make this software work, maybe I can access internet wireless with my PSP?
Please tell me what to do!

Well since .exe is a Windows executable file it will not run on OS X, even an Intel Mac (without Windows Boot Camp installed).

So are you saying the PSP will not get onto the wireless network you have?

I know it's possible to connect your PSP with your Mac. My friend does it using his new MacBook Pro. I'll have to ask him exactly what he did, but for now, have you tried the following:
-in your router preferences, you've made sure MAC address and IP filtering is off.
-you've typed in the correct IP numbers on your PSP (if needed)

Either way, this is a router problem, not your Mac.

Also... to get to your router prefs, type your router's IP into the address bar. By default it's usually set to 192.168.1.1

Back