Q: Missing Attributes in Page Setup... dialog

kassj

Registered
Hello Experienced Forum Users,

I am new to your forum and I beg your forgiveness if you all know this and I am ignorant of it, but I have had no luck anywhere else.

I realize that this is likely a rookie error and I swear that I have been Googling this for two days to try and find a solution... I have hit Apple's support forums, etc. I've searched FAQ's and more, but all to no avail.

I am missing attributes in my Page Setup dialog box! Nothing to pick from!

My system: iBook G4 OS X (10.4.11)

I NEVER see other attributes in my Page Setup... dialog box. Orientation, paper size, percentage, whatever, etc. are never there.

pagesetupnoattr.jpg

THIS is all I see. Selecting that Page Attributes pop-down shows me nothing. This happens within every application I have, The only application I can change orientation within is Adobe's InDesign within the Adobe Print... dialog box.

I am assuming that in my rush to hit-the-ground-running and stay productive, I likely lost these attributes when installing a new printer somewhere along the line. I presently have a LexMark E250dn and an HP DeskJet F340 (all-in-one). All of this time I have thought my missing attributes were merely my ignorance of OS X thinking I lost those controls when I left OS9!

I have done the Printer Setup Utility "Reset printing System."
Then I did the Disk Utility and ran "Repair Disk Permissions."
I restarted, no change.

I then re-downloaded the correct driver (LexMark for OS 10.4) install util from LexMark and reinstalled the drivers for my Tiger version. Did a restart. Nope.

Then I reopened the Printer Setup and re-did the setup for the LexMark. Restarted again.
Still nothing.

I am assuming that I am missing some PPD's that would converse with the Page Setup or the like, but can find no online reference for "Missing Attributes in Page Setup dialog" box! (I searched on various variations of these key words.)

Help! All I want to do is reset my page orientation in some docs! I'm a former Mac Admin for 100+ nodes -- you'd think I could figure this out! I plead old age! A plead insanity! (Maybe it was the network admin job that ate my brain?!)

I don't ask for much in life, God -- I just want to reset my page orientation! Is that too much to ask?

[sob]

Thank you from an addle-brained female and new forum user,

Kass Johns

Not to say that this may be essential information, but can you indicate what printer you use.

Thanks

Back