Quark imported images don't show up

fongster

Registered
I can import .tifs, etc. from PS and their preview shows in my QX 4.11 docs' picture boxes but .eps files from AI 8 and 9 won't. They only have a shaded box within the QX picture box with the name of the file. Even ones that used to show up won't now. They will print however. What's up? Thanks.

EDIT: Hi all, I copied the art from the AI file and pasted it into a new file and now it shows up in QX, lol! Must be an AI issue, if so what gives? The offending files are from AI v8. They were emailed to me...is that the prob? Corrupted/Altered a tad in cyberspace?

AI files can have two different kinds of previews saved with them, which is what shows up when you import them into Quark. If you received these files from a friend, they may have had PC previews, which Mac Quark isn't gonna like.

Instead of copying & pasting into new documents, you can simply open the files in Illustrator on the Mac and re-save them and make sure you're enabling a Macintosh preview instead of the PC one. A dialogue box should pop up when you save asking what kind of preview you'd like.

Use "Save As" to get that dialog box for .eps files...

What ever happened to the ".jpg" option for previews, that was supposed to be cross-platform?

Back