Question about keychain access and standard accounts

tomdkat

Registered
I'm working on a Mac-mini running OS X Tiger. I've got one admin account setup and 5 or so standard accounts. I'm configuring a connection to a shared folder on a network server on the standard accounts and I wanted to connect to that share using an account id that is DIFFERENT than the standard account id. I enter that id and the correct password and I check "save password in keychain" (or whatever that check box says) and I get prompted to enter the "keychain password" to unlock the keychain. The problem is, I never setup a keychain password for the standard user account. I'v tried the password for the administrator account (even though I can't specify the admin id anywhere) and I've tried the password for the standard user account, neither of which work.

However, I can still get successfully connected to the shared folder. I just don't want the user to have to enter the password each time they login.

Additionally, after going through this, Safari is now asking for a keychain password for the "login" keychain when it first starts up and loads the default Apple.com home page.

Help?!?!?!?!!? What is going on? Did I screw something up?

Thanks!

Peace...

Please nevermind this thread. I think something else is wrong with the machine that is causing the behavior above.

Peace...

Back