Question About New Shuffle

#1 Rhapsody

Mac Guru
I was wondering since iTunes 8.1 is what embeds the voice, telling the artist and track data, into a MP3, why can't you just add the voice, then transfer it to any MP3? To do that we might have to make a iPod Shuffle 3G emulator so iTunes would do the conversion.

Tell me what you think

Last edited:
I haven't tried the new iPod Shuffle, but what you describe sounds much like going into System Preferences -> Speech, enabling Text-to-Speech and then running iTunes.

I'm thinking very few have a new generation shuffle already, but I'm willing to bet the "voice over" only applies to iTunes purchased tracks. Jest guessin'

I now have written an Automator script that takes a audio file, copies it, renames it based on ID3 tags, then saves speech of the name. All I need to do is add the speech file to the main file. I only have one problem, when I listen to the speech file, it says "User Username" then the songs ID3 info whereas "Username" is my username.

Thanks

No, it isn't saying the file path? Just the user name. Attached is my Workflow. Try it and see if you have the same problem.

Attachments

• ID3 Speech.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 2
Sorry about the last post. I listened to the sound file again and it does speak the file path. How can I eliminate it or show just the file name?

Weird... apparently, I don't have the "MetaDataMover" thing required to run this workflow. Is that something you manually installed?

Yes, I installed it. You can download it here.
I think it has the full file path because I'm inputing files and folders to where there should be text. Is there any way to make a file name a text file?

Back