Question - Answer

... May 4, 1970, 4 students are killed by police in a riot/student protest over the Viet Nam war, after a several day standoff on the campus.

Just what exactly are the odds that the US will win against Germany tomorrow?

I dunno, 1 to 987?

Should I have saved up for an iPod or bought my RaveMP2300 that plays Clik Disks for $90?

Pronounce the mis-spelled word in my question:

Why did this thraed die so quickly? I thought it was kind of fun for a while!

A: It will not be dead anymore if people don't keep asking such hard mathematical questions.

Q: Where do you think I went today?

Answer: No where

Question: Why can't I use my Credit/debit card online anymore?? (I used to not have any problems, but now I can't use it anywhere online; I have no problems using it at a physical store!)

Answer: Maybe it expires soon and the online market can handle things like that? Better yet if it's a brand new card it won't work for a while. Sorry, no real help here. :(

Question: You know why they call them "Debit" cards? :D

Answer: Half-fact, half-opinion is a statement resulting with a half-fact, half-opinion kind of response.

Question: What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?

Answer:
When two liquids are mixed, the vapor pressure of the resulting solution roughly follows Raoult's Law, which states that the vapor pressure of the mixture is a function of the vapor pressures of the individual components and their mole fractions:

Ptot = PAXA + PBXB
where PA and PB are the vapor pressures of the A and B components and XB and XB are the mole fractions.

In reality, only mixtures of two similar liquids follow this law very closely: these are known as ideal solutions. Many solutions show either a higher or lower vapor pressure than expected.

If the vapor pressure of a solution is lower than expected, then the intermolecular bonds between the A and B molecules are stronger than either the A-A or B-B bonds. Since the bonds are stronger, it takes more energy to break them and thus fewer molecules enter the gas phase than in an ideal solution, resulting in a lower vapor pressure. The reverse is also true: if the vapor pressure is higher than expected, then the A-B bonds are weaker than the A-A or B-B bonds. Thus, comparing experimental results to Raoult's law can tell us a lot about the bonding between molecules.

courtesy: http://learn.chem.vt.edu/tutorials/lsproperties/raoultslaw.html

Question: do we have to KNOW the answer, or is googling allowed? ;)

Answer: you're too young (not yet 10).

Question: What color is air ?

Answer: Tinted green actually, but it's just really transparent!

Question: What is stoichiometry?

Back