Question Re: The Mighty Mouse Scroll Feature

My 2.5 year old (wired) mighty mouse gave up the ghost recently, and I just replaced it with a new one today.

The thing is... it doesn't seem to scroll "down" as easily as it scrolls "up" and "left to right". (as it is right now, I have to apply a lot more pressure to scroll down than I do to scroll up or laterally)

Is there an adjustment I can make to get this thing to scroll "down" as easily and freely as it does "up"?

Has anyone else had this sort of issue, or is it just me? Ok, Thanks.

O.G.

This is a common fault with the scroll wheel of these mice.
The wheel inside is controlled by four magets and another scroll wheel. These clock up with dirt just like the PC mice do.
BUT.. unless you break the seal and take it apart yuo cannot clean it perfectly.
Try wetting a cotton bud.. squeeze it out so it is just damp.. flatten it and rub the scroll wheel in THE SAME DIRECTION continually.
You will see bits of diort come out and it will also clean the wheel of any greeses.
It may start working again.. it may not.
GOOD LUCK.

Unless I misunderstand, the OP was asking about a brand-new replacement mouse. Doesn't seem likely it would be dirty, or for that fix to help.
If a brand-new mouse is hard to scroll in one direction, I think the mouse is defective, and should be returned. Apple would replace that under warranty.

Back