quicksilver question

Ynought

Registered
Is there a way to get QS to search the entire harddrive when you invoke it? Here's my thing, when I invoke qs and I type the name of a document I know I have, i rarely get the document I am looking for. More often, I get a number of cached webpages or other files. Do i have to drill down through the file structure or is there a way to force or set qs to pull up all files with the name i entered. did i explain that?

QuickSilver will learn over time, so if you consistently type a certain phrase to find a certain file, then dig through the hierarchy of files in the sub-menu and locate the specific file, eventually QuickSilver will start putting that file at the top of the list.

You can make QS search the entire hard drive but you probably don't want to do that because it will come up with unwanted items. What you want to do is have QS index the items that you use frequently, like the some document you know you have or the folder that document is in. To do that you go to QS's preferences and select catalog from the top. There you can add folders you want QS to index and select how deep you want it to index within that folder by hitting the little i button in the bottom right. You can also change how frequently QS rescans your computer or if you want to do it manually you can hit command-R after you invoke QS.

Hope that helps you out.

Back