QuickTime Pro for 10.3?

applewhore

Registered
I just opened up QuickTime for the first time since clean installing Panther...

It suggested I upgraded to Pro, but when I was taken to the Apple website, it only talks about it being available for OS X - versions 10.2.5 - 10.2.8...

Surely this can't be right?

Has Apple just forgotten to refresh the website? 'cos funnily enough it shows the "X" there in Panther silver!!!

odd...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

QuickTime for Panther is the same QuickTime 6.4 that's for Jaguar. If you already have a QuickTime Pro 6 key, it'll work in Panther, and QuickTime should be installed with Panther by default.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
QuickTime for Panther is the same QuickTime 6.4 that's for Jaguar. If you already have a QuickTime Pro 6 key, it'll work in Panther, and QuickTime should be installed with Panther by default.

Thanks, Diablo

I guessed this might be the case - I just didn't understand why there was no reference to Panther (other than the metallic "X") on the QT section of the Apple site!?!

Could it be that Apple's not perfect? Surely not!

You should be able to get your QT Pro serial number from your Quicktime Preferences, then you can re-enter it if you need to.

unfortunately, i did a clean install and didn't make a note of this!

now going through my e-mails to find the confirmation purchase message!

ho hum...

Try this:

If you bought your QuickTime Pro key in the Apple Store, visit the Apple Store again and log in using your account. Visit the Software Purchases area to retrieve your key. If you did not buy it in the Apple Store or you don't see your key when you log in to the Apple Store, call your local store's telephone number. In Canada and the United States, call 1-800-676-2775.

This was a bit confusing to me because they didn't explain the exact menus I should naviagate to so I'll explain... go to store.apple.com, then click on "Your Account" in the menu at the top. Log in there, then you should see "Software Download Purchases" under "Order Information" and your QuickTime key should be in there...

Funny, when I did this, I just realized that I have purchased two different keys for QuickTime -- must have not been thinking or something, but now I own two!

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Try this:

This was a bit confusing to me because they didn't explain the exact menus I should naviagate to so I'll explain... go to store.apple.com, then click on "Your Account" in the menu at the top. Log in there, then you should see "Software Download Purchases" under "Order Information" and your QuickTime key should be in there...

Funny, when I did this, I just realized that I have purchased two different keys for QuickTime -- must have not been thinking or something, but now I own two!

Diablo - you're a star!

I'd completely forgotten about this - which explains why when I went and checked my account I found I've bought it THREE times!

Must be going mad...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help - it saved a lot of time going through all my e-mails...

Back