Really cool screen saver (aquarium)!

michaelsanford

Translator, Web Developer
I've got a TFT so I don't need one, and I'm predisposed not to put on screen savers because they eat resources, but this one's so well done it blew me away!

I get 60+ FPS, even with iTunes playing (see specs in sig).

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/15460

I've always wanted fish, but I don't have the $$$ to buy a tank, nor the wherewithall to keep my fish alive for long...

edit: Oops I meant to put this in Café :rolleyes:

YES! I have it as well, and tho I generally just fade to black for my screensavers, this one has converted me. It is, hands down, the coolest thing i've ever seen! I have 4 fish now, and i've named them. (i don't get out much) it's nice because we're not allowed to have pets here, so it's something...

I can't get it to work... I'm on a G4 dual 867, 768 MB RAM, running 10.2.2

I tried to place the floder in the Screen savers folder on my HD, but it wouldn't let me. I tried to double click on the program, nothing happens... weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I loved the idea but found the demo version quite useless. By far the best screensaver I've seen. I say that and I run 2 real reef tanks.

Dallas, don't drag the folder, drag the MarineAquarium.saver into /Library/ScreenSavers

I dragged the other thing, with an icon of a fish on it, as well; not sure what it does, maybe resources or something; hasn't done any harm.

Then it should work.

dual 867 768MB Ati 9000, 130 FPS ^_^. it's really really beautiful on LCD displays-- almost 3D, even.

Originally posted by cybergoober
Oh snap! I was just about to post the same thing. I love that saver. It's my new favorite!

If it weren't for ME requesting that this guy port it over from UNIX/Linux to Mac OS X, we wouldn't have it right now. This programmer is VERY talented. He does very good work.

The_geek

I like Helios too! (My computer is named Helios as well).

I don't particularly think the name is suited to the images, but it's awesome nonetheless!

__
But being that I am starved for something interesting in my white-walled flat with my white iMac TFT and my white telephone (starting to look like an asylum) I'm going to keep my MarineAquarium for now :)

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
it's nice because we're not allowed to have pets here, so it's something...

Fish aren't pets...
They're Decorative Furniture!

I swear, one of the appartments I wanted to get into said "No Pets", I asked the manager "what about fish" and that's pretty much what she said! Fish aren't pets! So they're usually ok.

Now... Screen Saver Fish are probably an appartment manager's dream pet! lol ;)

Back