Realplayer quits unexpectedly and..

emvogia

Registered
..I had the realplayer 10. I had been using it to run a .ram file which is a radio station. From the moment that I got the latest updates for my OSX 10.4.11 quicktime refused to open. I of course reported the problem.. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall the application. I run the "RealPlayer10GOLD.dmg" but it refuses to run too. It quotes "the following disk image failed to mount" and as a following image it means the "RealPlayer10GOLD.dmg" and as a reason says an error 0xe00002c9. Could you please suggest a way to solve this problem or another software to run a .ram file?
Thank you all for your time reading it and thinkin' of it. Your answers will turn up as priceless to me. Thank you!
Emmanouil V.

See if you can go to the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and delete the RealPlayer preferences: com.RealNetworks.data , com.RealNetworks.RealPlayer.plist , com.realnetworks.realplayerdownloader.plist , com.realnetworks.realplayerdownloaderagent.plist . Then try the Application again. Good Luck.

thanks a lot for the advice. even if I tried to delete the files you told me (being unable to find the last three you mentioned) the problem persists.. is there an other way I can make it work?
thanks again

Do a Spotlight search for any RealPlayer files and delete all of them. Then restart and re-download the Real Player and try again.

sadly I'd already searched for them@spotlight and it can't find these files.don't know why they are absent from there.do you thing this is the source of the problmem?do u thing the dmg file I got for installing realplayer may have a problem or is it just my mac's library?

Back