realvnc client to 10.5 server

RSplash40

Registered
I've got the vnc enabled with pwd on the 10.5 server, I get challenged for a pwd when I open realvnc(4.1.3) but as soon as I type the password the screen flashes and immediately goes away.

I've tried every combo of protocols and settings I could come up with but nothing works. Screen sharing from a imac works fine. The 4.1.3 realvnc client to a 10.4 server works perfectly, no messing with protocols.

I've not been able to find another vnc client that will download, all the ones I've tried have either had broken links or will not complete a download w/o error.

The realvnc version comparision page reads both ways to me, that the free version will not run on osx OR it will not connect to osx. Not sure which is correct but they both seem to be true so far.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

thanks

Fixed! On the realvnc client I checked the box for full color - didn't think that would cause the re-action I got but its working now.

Yep -- Mac OS X Server doesn't support VNC connections with anything less than 8-bit color.

Apple's own Remote Desktop software will support VNC connections with 2-bit or grayscale connections, but it's far from free (as most VNC viewers are). It does offer quite a bit more flexibility and management abilities, though.

Thanks !!!! I've been searching for a while, didn't think about the colors, which was setup to 256 colors by default on my client...

I had to register just to say thanks for this thread...

Back