Recommended Printer

Glenmac

Registered
I have just purchased a new iMac and have an old HP 940c printer which I am going to give to my son and am in the market for a new printer. It is like jumping in the ocean and trying to count the fish. I want an inkjet printer and will be using it for home use but want good quality text and photo prints with reasonably fast speed (not sure I need much fancy stuff or fax etc). I have been happy with HP in the past but it is my only experience. Using Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I would be interested in some of your recommendations or warnings in the ocean of printers.

Thank you,
Glen

I have always had real good luck with some of the modern Canon printers. I have the old S520 & IP5200R that are totally supported in Snow Leopard (both are at least a couple years old) and they still produce clean pictures.

However depending on where you live the real cost is going to be the local cost of the ink cartridges. Most modern main stream printers are available in Snow Leopard. Just check out the Apple support site Mac OS X v10.6: Printer and scanner software. Just remember to use software Update when you first plugin the printer the first time and Snow leopard will go get the drivers.

Back