Record Phonecall

pguelpa

Registered
First off, sorry if this is not the right forum to post in. I'm hoping someone here will know more about this than I do.

What I'm looking for is some kind of application that I can use to record a phone call onto my Mac (10.3.4 Powerbook G4). If possible it would be best if I didn't need a lot of extra hardware, but as I said I don't really know anything about this, so I don't know how difficult it is to do.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Cheers,

Paul

I would suggest Audio Hijack
Audio Hijack is the perfect tool to record any audio on your computer. With Audio Hijack, you can quickly and easily save audio from almost any application to an AIFF file. This file can then be burned to a CD, or played with any audio player, from iTunes to an iPod.
Use Audio Hijack to record Car Talk or any other Real/WindowsMedia/iTunes/Internet stream and listen at your leisure. Snag game sounds or sound bytes off DVD movies. You can even use Audio Hijack to rip Flash audio! And with built-in Timers, you don't even have to be there to record. Audio Hijack puts you in control of all your audio.

Audio hijack is suitable, you'll also need some way to get the sound signal out of the phone. I do this for phone interviews in two different ways.
One is a little box you plug in between the handset and base of your phone which has an audio cable output (should be available from electronics shops), and the other is a single in-ear headphone with a microphone on the outside. You put it in your ear and hold the phone over it, and it records the sound coming out of the phone's speaker- while more expensive, this one allows you to record from mobile phones (cell phones), and is made by olympus.

Back