Record players, DVD burners and G3s.

Asterax

Registered
Hi, I actually have two questions. One concerning a record player and another over external and internal DVD burners.

First - Is it possible to hook a record player (if you can remember one) up to a Macintosh so the vinyl can play out of the computer's speakers? What cables and accessories do I need?

Second - I need a firewire DVD burner badly, mostly for backing up my music collection. I've poked around on newegg and found that Mac OS compatible, external, firewire DVD burners range around $150-175. External drives tend to be much cheaper. But there is one draw back to my G3, it is relatively old and has I believe a 3 GB drive that now only has 1 GB left after the Panther installation. Can anyone recommend a good internal (or external) firewire DVD burner? IIRC, there is a certain amount of space Panther needs to burn DVDs, so is it even worth using this low-end machine for DVD burning?

I appreciate any help and thank you all in advance. :>

1. It depends on what kind of audio output the record player has. Get back to us on what kind of output it has.

2. I don't know, sorry :(

Asterax said:
First - Is it possible to hook a record player (if you can remember one) up to a Macintosh so the vinyl can play out of the computer's speakers? What cables and accessories do I need?

Griffin's iMic

Asterax said:
Second - I need a firewire DVD burner badly, mostly for backing up my music collection. I've poked around on newegg and found that Mac OS compatible, external, firewire DVD burners range around $150-175. External drives tend to be much cheaper. But there is one draw back to my G3, it is relatively old and has I believe a 3 GB drive that now only has 1 GB left after the Panther installation. Can anyone recommend a good internal (or external) firewire DVD burner? IIRC, there is a certain amount of space Panther needs to burn DVDs, so is it even worth using this low-end machine for DVD burning?

Take a look at OWC to see if you like their selections.

Back