Reliable inexpensive web-hosting

DanTekGeek

MacTechGeek
hi,
Im looking for some reliable, inexspensive webhosting. I dont need a ton of bandwidth, really not that much at all. I dont need that much webspace either. It would be nice if there were templates i could use, and maybe ftp support. Id be using this as a website for the tech support buisness I run on the side. I dont know enough html to do the site from scratch, so thats why im looking for templates. I need it to be able to use a domain name i have purchased. and im not looking to pay any more than about 50-60 bucks a year. am i out of luck?

webhostingbuzz.com
10,000 bandwidth and 500 mb space 36 a year, mini plan. I have that it is fine for me. IT COMES WITH TONS OF SCRIPTS. Including Cpanel.

both of those look great. im thinking of giong with the one bobw reccomended and just buying a template to modify, since i dont have the time nor html skills to do anything from scratch. that is unless anyone else has a sugesstion.

If you Google for free web hosting, you'll find a lot. But I've been using Onestop for a couple years with no problems.

yeah, ive tried some free hosting, and they never really work out. i think i might just buckle down and get dreamweaver, and go with onestop.

the Solo plan from aplus.net
http://hosting.aplus.net/solo.html

I've been with them for about 5 years now. they're just awesome. lots of extras. never had a reason to be dissapointed with the service/support.
looks pretty comparable to bobw's suggestion, but $1 cheaper/month. i know, splitting hairs I guess.

I use http://www.serverlogistics.com. $10 a month, decent amount of space, one SQL database, monthly webstats, and they make ready-to-install Mac OS X packages for such things as MySQL, PHP and Tomcat.

When you learn a little HTML and scripting, I would highly recommend checking them out. They provide SSH, FTP and SFTP access to your files, and also support CGI scripting.

If you want to get into shopping carts and don't know how to program one from scratch (which is a daunting task, let me assure you!), I would recommend http://www.veracart.com. They'll even customize a cart to your specifications, and are closely tied with Verasign for online credit card authorization and billing.

If I were you I would put all your money into TextDrive, it's an incredible and affordable host if you've ever seen one. They have a $5 a month plan with 100MB of space and 1GB of bandwidth, and up from there to dedicated servers. They got off the ground just a few months ago, and have provided an incredibly amount of service since. You can get just about anything done behind the scenes you want, and the support is magnificent. They really live up to their tagline, "TextDrive is a hosting company run by and for people who love publishing on the web."

icdsoft.com

For 5 bucks a month...

333MB, 5GB, 5 Subdomains, 1 MySQL, Unlimited Emails, and much more. I've had them for year and a half... best host I've ever used.

Give them a shot... 30 day money back guarantee.

Back