remote desktop with mobile phone

Doesn't look like this works on a Mac. Specs say Windows, and has to be setup on the Windows machine.

Your username and password are the username and password you use to log into OS X with.

If you have your computer set up to automatically log in, you can check under the "Accounts" pane of the System Preferences to find out your login name. Your password must be something that you remembered using, though, as it would be silly if you could simply "look up" your password easily on the computer. There is no easy way to find out what your password is other than from your own memory.

i turned on internet sharing in system prefs. i went to my ip address, which i found out at whatsmyip.com. safari then showed me a login screen, i typed in my username and password (which i am sure are correct) and clicked login. but safari said 'invalid password'.

how do i connect to my computer?

also, i have 3 computers on my home network, could this be part of the reason that it didn't work??

thanks

That Remote Desktop program connects to Remote Desktop Sharing services which are available on Windows XP Pro. You can get clients for PC, OS X, and now, clearly, mobile phones (supposing you have a PocketPC phone).

What you're getting when you go to whatismyip.com is your external IP. My guess is, you're on broadband. When you type that in, you're getting the log-in screen for your router. If you don't know what you're doing there (which, no offence, it seems is the case), don't fiddle, you'll lose internet access.

If you want to connect to your Mac, look for a VNC client for your phone (no guarantees one exists) and install "Share My Desktop" from VersionTracker.

Edit: Internet Sharing in the System Preferences is to share an Internet CONNECTION between computers (usually dial-up).

ok thanks, but how would i find out my username and password anyway?

You would get the user name and password from the server setup on the Windows system for this program, not the OS X system.

Back