Remote + iTunes + iPhone cannot connect

KurtLassen

Registered
Airport Xtreme wired with Ethernet to iMac, and created a Network from the Xteme, so my iPhone can connect to iTunes via Remote

My iPhone connects to my network (same name as on my Airport Xtreme) and can go on the internet, and with a download speed of 2 MB (same as on my wired connection)

But when I connect to iTunes, with the Remote software from Apple, I can Add Library, and the four digit code shows up in iTunes, and in iTunes i then confirm the 4 digits, and iTunes tell me that Remote now controls my iTunes ;=)

BUT, on my iPhone, the only thing I see is the spinning wheel below the "Choose library..." sign. After some minuttes I get the error message where I´ve been asked to turn of firwall, which I of course did. With no result

I tried to reinstall Remote, and resetted my Aiport Xtreme to factory default too

Now working on this for more than a week, please help

check all firewall settings that might exist on your network, that would be the easiest fix... if there is no firewall I would try resetting network settings on your iphone and trying again, if that doesn't work do a hard reset (hold power button and home button until you see the apple logo, ignore "slide to power off") and if that doesn't work call into tech support, they are amazing =)

ok thanx... but... I can turn off Firewall in my Macs Prefs with no result.
If I turn off the Mac adresses in my Airport Xtreme (I guess it´s in Aiport Utility>My Aiport Extreme>Access>MAc Adress Access Control Acces: Not enabled?) nothing happens
Where else can I look for firewall?

Cordially
Kurt

OK, now I use the wireless AirPort function for connecting Airport Xtreme, my iMac and my iPhone and now it seem to work.
Strange though, bcs my iPhone connected successfully to my Airport Xtreme, but could not do the Remote stuff. Maybe bcs they not could see the same IP or whatever? ;=)
I´d prefere to go wired from my Airport Xtreme to my iMac (only about 20 cm distance!), and not use the AirPort function, but don´t know how to do?
Again my setup is iMac, AirportXtreme (I prefere wired), iPhone (on my Xtreme´s network, and Remote to control my iTunes.
Any good ideas anyone? ;=)

I get the same exact problem and the same alert: doesn't connect to library, turn off the firewall.

I get internet through Clearwire wireless, which I plug into my apple airport express. I turned off my firewall in my macbook and also tried checking the recommended exceptions (as indicated in the help section). Neither worked. I disconnected the Clearwire from the airport express, and unplugged and plugged it back in. It worked. I tried plugging the Clearwire back in. Didn't work. So the problem is in the Clearwire.

I'm not sure why the Clearwire is the problem, since it's not between the airport express and the computers. But at least I know where the problem is.

i'll be honest my suggestion would be to get rid of clearwire... I had clearwire and had nothing but issues with is, it's slower than a dsl or cable connection, about as expensive, and a way larger pain in the ass

I get the same exact problem and the same alert: doesn't connect to library, turn off the firewall.

I get internet through Clearwire wireless, which I plug into my apple airport express. I turned off my firewall in my macbook and also tried checking the recommended exceptions (as indicated in the help section). Neither worked. I disconnected the Clearwire from the airport express, and unplugged and plugged it back in. It worked. I tried plugging the Clearwire back in. Didn't work. So the problem is in the Clearwire.

I'm not sure why the Clearwire is the problem, since it's not between the airport express and the computers. But at least I know where the problem is.

I had a similar problem ... when fishing wires around to get the audio out of the Airport Express connected i knocked the ethernet out of the "inside" port on my firewall (m0n0wall ... which is awesome). I had these same symptoms on both macs in the house until I reconnected the firewall and then it worked (which I did initially to search for "itunes airport express iphone firewall"). For some reason, which I have not yet delved into, the iTunes machine needs to touch the Internet before they will successfully pair.

OK, after month without beeing able to use the Remote App on my iPhone on iTunes, now it works again.

And nothing to do with Firewall (which I tried to disable many times off course), or my router, or some wireless (mal)functions

Apple just updated the Remote App on the App Store, and now everything works fine

Back