Remove "disk Not Ejected Properly" Alert In Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGBguy

Registered
Comrades,
I have this standardized alert in Max OS X after pulling my flash drive.

Does anyone know how to disable this Mac OS X alert from appearing?

Thank you folks.

PS There is an option to turn off all System Alerts (I do not want to do that)

PPS Please note that I am not asking anyones opinion on how dangerous it is, if I should or should not do it and etc... I am only asking if someone knows how to disable this alert. If you don't know the answer please do not respond.

PLEASE do not respond if you do not know the answer to my question. Please keep your unsolicited advise to yourself.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight...you remove your flash drive from your Mac without using the proper eject method and you get the alert that you maybe damaging your drive. All you want is a way to disable that alert that is telling you that you are damaging your drive.
:confused:

Yes, I want to know how to disable Mac OS X alert that pops up after removing the drive.

Last edited:
If you are convinced that you don't have any files open on the flash drive, then you are not likely to cause any harm by just yanking the flash drive.

One good method to "disable" the alert would be to eject the drive properly. :D
All it takes is a right click, and choose eject. Most times, the drive ejects within a couple of seconds.
How does this affect your life?

Or - if you want to ignore the possibility of damage or file corruption, then why not just continue to ignore the alert?
That's no different than what you want to do - the potential for damage exists, even if you discover how to disable the alert.

kgbguy wrote: "I have this standardized alert in Max OS X after pulling my flash drive. Does anyone know how to disable this Mac OS X alert from appearing?"
==

Do not pull your flash drive out of the USB port until AFTER you right click on the drive in Finder and select EJECT from the menu. If you do this before pulling the drive out of the USB port, you should not see the alert pop up. To be sure, always wait until your drive disappears from the Finder BEFORE you pull the drive out of the USB port.

KGBGuy: The answer you seek is: ‘there is no known way to disable the alert you are getting without following the procedure of using the Eject Disk Command’

Folks, I am sorry but I did not ask on procedures on how to pull my drive. I am not sure what other words to use for some folks to understand of
what is being asked here.

I asked if any one knows how to disable the alert within the Mac OS. I have no desire, nor time to explain what is the reasoning behind that alert.
If only these "especially gifted" forum members would read the question, understand the substance of it and respond accordingly it would make
communication so much more pleasant.

KGBguy, do you understand that pulling the drive out of the system before telling the computer that you are going to, causes the computer to execute its programming to inform the user that he ejected the disk improperly? If so, then your request was not fully disclosed as a request to change the system's response to improper ejection of USB drives. Without knowing that you are trying to hack the system instead of figure out WHY the message is coming up, we are left to assume you are looking for the reason WHY the message is coming up.

The only answer to preventing the message from coming up is to make the system think that the drive has either not been ejected, or get the system to think that the drive was ejected safely. You either don't pull the USB Drive out, or you have to tell the system that you are going to BEFORE you do it.

There is no other way. With the sytem OFF, you can pull the USB drive in and out of the slot all you want and you will never see that alert.

[QUOTE="KGBguy, post: 1531036, member: 192852”] I asked if any one knows how to disable the alert within the Mac OS. I have no desire, nor time to explain what is the reasoning behind that alert.
If only these "especially gifted" forum members would read the question, understand the substance of it and respond accordingly it would make
communication so much more pleasant.[/QUOTE]

First, we do not consider ourselves 'especially gifted’ but we do consider ourselves experienced in using Apple computers. (many of us back to the days of System 7). Second, you knew when you posted that you would get opinions and comments on ejecting the correct way. You were given two ways to deal with it, but you didn’t like that answer.

Sorry that we appeared to not understand the substance of your request. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back