Remove Password for User???

AjAy2

Registered
Hi,

I have set a password for my account, I have an admin account, how do i remove the password?

I know how to change the password, but not how to remove it. I am sick of having to type the password in when i want to change user etc.

Cheers

AjAy

Where is that? Is that in system preferences? If it is I can only change it and not remove it.

Cheers

AjAy

It does not let me change the password, when i click on the password tab, and enter a new password, which i just leave blank, it says password is too short.

I have looked at the login options but there is not much there to look at, nothing that refers to passwords.

Any ideas? Cheers for your help.

Aarron

If you never have entered a password, then the password can remain blank. Once you have entered a password, then your only system option is to change the existing password. I think 3 characters is the shortest possible password. You cannot return to blank once a password has been entered. (except by initializing the hard drive, although an archive and install might do it)
Think of an easy-to-type password word of about 3 characters, maybe 3 3s ?
bobw - isn''t there a way through terminal to remove the password?

Yeah it is set to login in to my account, but it firstly asks for a passsword, I think its because i have set a master password, can the master password be undone, or reset?

I was trying out the file vault option, I am new to Macs...

Cheers

AjAy

You can reset it by booting off the OS CD. After the installer window appears, go up top the Intsaller Menu and Reset password command.

I dont think I got a OS CD, I have an iBook..I dont know why it asks for the Master Password whenever i want to log or switch to my account, it is only with my account

AjAy

If you're logged into your account, go to the Account PreferencePane and use the options to disable the login password.

Sorry if i sound think, but when i go to the Accounts Preferences there is no option to disable or remove login password.

Where do i go?

Cheers

AjAy

In the Accounts, click on your account, at the bottom Login Options.
Set to automatically log in.

Haven't found a way to disable password it Terminal.

Back