[REQ] Terminal app with zmodem support

waTR

Registered
I am in search of a opensource free terminal for OSX that is capable of transferring files using zmodem. Sadly, the hardware that I need to fetch a file from does not currently have a ftp daemon...

Currently I am using Zterm which is good.

There is a Terminal application built in to OS X. I think that one will do just fine.

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal

HomunQlus said:
There is a Terminal application built in to OS X. I think that one will do just fine.

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal

You missed the point: free terminal for OSX that is capable of transferring files using zmodem.

OSX Terminal is not capable of zmodem transfers and after some research it seems there is no free terminal with that supported.

Also, zTerm is no good.

Using fink, you can install a package named lrzsz. You can probably also install it manually, the website is http://www.ohse.de/uwe/software/lrzsz.html you can then use the zmodem protocol directly from the OS X terminal using the command "lsz" (check out its help and man pages for syntax information, I believe it is simply "lsz filename"). Additionally, the also free and open source terminal application minicom (also installable via fink) can be set up to use the lsz command once installed. Just change the command listed in the minicom configuration screen for the zmodem protocol from "/usr/local/bin/sz -vv" to "/path/to/location/lsz -vv" If you used fink to install the packages it will be something like "/sw/bin/lsz -vv" I have used minicom for a while and generally like it, although I have not personally attempted zmodem transfers, just ASCII.

Back