Reset button on ibook help new to macs

spiky001

Registered
Hi I,ve been playing with an ibook, It,s loads to kernel panic, ok I dont have any discs with it, I found the trackpad was disconnected fixed that, now I,m looking for the reset button or reset procedure I,m not saying it will cure it but got to try, any one plz, I have done the option command +p+r

The usual reset procedure on most iBooks is to hold Shift-Control-Option, then press the power button.
Certain older G3 iBooks have a reset button on the left edge, near the headphone jack. Most do not have any reset button.
Do you have an iBook G3, or G4? G4s have a slot-loading CD drive, and will say 'iBook G4' on the display bezel. The iBook G3 simply says iBook, and has a tray-loading CD drive.
Does your iBook have a memory chip in the slot under the keyboard? Try reseating that chip, or try a different RAM chip.
If you think the memory chip is OK, or can't really check that, then you may have a kernel panic because of a corrupted OS X install. That means that you should try to reinstall OS X - and you will need an OS X installer disk for that.

Back