Response to the attacks on the US?

OK I am a little outraged ! I have served in Iraq - Bonsnia and a few other places in the middle east while in the USMC --- I was in a Wpns Plt. So I was usually at the front and in the sh!t.. If it wasn't for the radiation of nukes I would say launch them all there ! I have seen there anger for americans and it is unfortunate. I went there with an open heart ... I left full of hatred. For what I believe, have seen, have been involved with ---- I would stand tall behind Mr. Bush if he presses a button and wipes a peticular country of the map --- period.

Acid

My last post seemed wussy, so let it be known that the group responsible for this should slowly be burned alive, while the children watch what happens when you follow Daddy's mentality of Jihad.

It's understandable that everyone is outraged, but wishing misery on children isn't my cup of tea.

Just more two cents worth here.

From experience in the Gulf --- I will highly agree --- But unfortunately I think the retribution needs to be very swift and deadly ----- The Geneva Convention has evoked chapter 5 YIPPIE SWIFT RETRIBUTION

It opens the door and allows a country that has suffered an act of violence from another country -- To engage with some sort of retribution toward that country without criticism from NATO or allied countries

In other words..... if we find who did it and bombed the sh!t outta them, no one will question it

Chapter five of the NATO agreement basically says "One in all in." Although the level of involvement is up to individual countries. This is unprecedented.

It's not just NATO, China and Russia are pledging support for the effort. Also our Prime Minister (Australia) just invoked the ANZUS (Australia, New Zealand, US) treaty which is the equivalent to the NATO treaty for us, full military support etc. I also here the Japan has joined the alliance. No one here ever thought that this treaty would be invoked in that direction, i guess Europeans are feeling the same way. NATO was designed to protect Europe from the Soviets, ANZUS was designed to protect us. Then again, I also never thought I would see Europe, America, Russia and China all fighting on the one side!

Note: I am in full favour of this, but this has to be surgical, as little collateral damage as possible. If you kill civilians you may drive their families to join terrorist organisations for revenge.

As someone said on Slashdot.org:
rm -rf /bin/laden

I am also very worried that as we close in on Osama bin Laden (if it's him) he will order desperate attacks in return. I fear terrorists that know they are going to die!

I am incredibly sickened by reports of people lashing out on Australians of Middle Eastern descent, i hear that similar things are happening in the US.

peter

I was totally shocked and saddened by this attack against HUMANITY. Those terrorists had no regard for life at all when they did this, and Osama bin Laden thinks this is just a game. Even if he didn't do it, we should still whoop his ass just to show him who's boss. He has lead several attacks against the US, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who did this.

My first thought about this was that, I don't want another war, we've had enough already, and there's chances of biological and nuclear weapons being used. But then I started to think about all the support we're getting from our allies, and figured, hey, let's go for it. He can't take us all on at once, let's make him feel as helpless as we felt when the first plane destroyed the WTC!!!

Let's nuke his ass!!!!! I can't wait to see how this turns out for him!!! We're all for one and one for all, almost all the countries are ready, so let's do it! Let's kill this rat bastard!

Ricky, and everyone else, please do not think ill of me when I say this as it is only my opinion, but nuking would kill many innocent afgani people who are actually involved in a civil war right now to oust the Taliban. Yes I know these animals that perpetrated this have killed many innocents themselves, but unless we are prudent about our retaliation, we will be monsters just as them. If you are suggesting going and taking out the animals that did this we can do that with smart weapons, that do not cause fallout and poison the land nearby and do it in such a way that they will never even know that Bin Laden existed. I do not think we should have more violence but in a case as extreme as this I will not protest it either, but nuking should not even be oin the table even if we find out the Taliban ordered it because millions would be slaughtered that in the large scheme of things are our allies against the Taliban.

Originally posted by Soapvox
nuking would kill many innocent afgani people who are actually involved in a civil war right now to oust the Taliban.

You're right, I'm over reacting and I am sorry for that. It's the rage talking.:rolleyes:

Tesnsions are high and angers flare, we all need to be a little more understanding with eachother in this time :)

AdmiralAK, although the humour is pretty black i have to admit that my first reaction to the rm command was a smile. Another one i also saw on slashdot was: chmod a+x /bin/laden (Give everyone the permission to execute bin Laden)

If he did do it (or if we get it wrong and go after him anyway) I worry about reprisals as forces get closer to him. He is supposed to have a terrorist network that spans 34 or more countries. I can't even imagine what his last ditch efforts might be. And even if we get him, won't that make him a martyr? But diplomacy is pointless in this case. He has declared holy war on the US, I don't think he'll listen to reason.

We must look at our policies in the middle east as well. Why do so many people hate the US? They're not all insane. Maybe we should start a serious campaign to show the middle east how great being a western country is, freedom and all that. They are suffering a major lack of information. But we must be ready to help them. If they stage revolutions, we must support them, unlike in Iraq after the Gulf War where the west turned its back and thousands were slaughtered.
IMHO the best way to stamp out terrorism is to stop being the "Great Satan" to these people. It kind of sounds like this might be what the US Government has in mind after the retaliation towards the people who did this. I know that you didn't really mean it but nuking them back to the stone age will only increase their hatred towards the west.

I really feel sorry for Islamic people everywhere, seeing their peaceful religion be twisted into a brainwashing device for mass murder.

peter

Back