Restore and update

SchizophonicG3

Registered
Right, i downloaded the UK AOL beta from AOL 5.0 under 9.1, i then put the installer in the applicaions folder for X, when i restarted to load everything in X, when the little smiley mac thing comes on the screen, there was a kernel panic, followed by loadsa UNIX rubbish and the last thing on the broken screen was "were hanging here" X blatantly refused to load up after that so i restarted using the X cd and re-installed it, fine, but i am back to 4k78, when i was on 4P13 before. so ok i run software update and it gave me the very first update for X which was the little software update thingy, so i ran it again to get the 10.0.1 and it says that my software is up to date! even though when i got to "about this mac" under the apple menu it tells me that i am using 4k78! wot is going on! and has the 10.0.5 update materialized yet? PLEASe help me!

Follow the path
/Library/Receipts/
Here you will find package receipts for each installation performed on your OS X machine. Delete the package receipts for each installation you wish to reinstall via Software Update.

FYI Each update will need to be down in order; 10.0.1, then 10.0.2, etc.
Note: BSD.pkg and Essentials.pkg are your initial packages from a full system install. You probably don't want to delete these.

Back