right-clicking with trackpad?

fryke

Staff member
Mod
In Parallels Workstation, the MacBook's right-click option (two fingers on pad, then click) works beautifully. It doesn't, of course, if booted directly into Windows through BootCamp. Is there a workaround of some sorts? Can one emulate a right-click in Windows using a MacBook or MacBook Pro? I've connected a mouse with three buttons right now, but that's not an option for when I'm on the go...

I would assume that since the trackpad and button appear to windows as simply a trackpad and button that it would require a software solution.

The "two-fingers right-click, scrolling, etc." thing is software-based in Mac OS X, so I would assume that a software solution would be required in Windows as well.

Beyond that, sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Yeah. I'd hope Apple themselves would add a driver solution for that for Windows. Although... Maybe there would be a solution by installing a different driver for the trackpad. But I don't want to mess too much with drivers. ;) After all, I bought a _Mac_, haven't I. :p

Hate to sound dumb here :rolleyes:, but do you download the app into the windows partition or osx one? I'm hoping this may help my sticky trackpad problem.

That wouldn't solve something like that, actually. It's simply a software solution to add another mouse button by using a modifier key.

still useful though. So where would I download it to? Mac or windows?

eta: and any thoughts on the sticky trackpad?

Windows, of course. the sticky trackpad stuff should go in your thread about it, not here. ;)

It works fine for me out of the box on my new mbp with the latest bootcamp and XP SP2. Maybe you need to update the bootcamp drivers, I think you just download the new version and burn a new driver cd. There was a recent new version when the c2d mbps came out i believe.

I can two finger right click on the track pad but I cannot control or option click with my one button mouse. Any suggestions.

Do you mean that holding down the Control button and clicking on your Desktop does NOT bring up a menu at your mouse pointer (but that two-finger clicking on the trackpad DOES bring up a menu)?

I can place two finger on my trackpad and click which performs a right click. I can press shift and f10 and perform a right click. But I cannot hold control or option or command and click to perform a right click.

Back