Routing non-Ethernet/Airport interface?

Kinniken

Registered
Hi, in order to have unrestricted access to the internet from my dorm I have set up a VPN using OpenVPN between it and an other mac at home. This VPN uses the tun1 network interface from the tunnel.kext extension, which does not appear in the list of interfaces in the "sharing" system preferences, so it looks like I will have to setup the other mac to route it manually.
I have absolutely no experience with editing network configs on the command line under Mac OS X and I can't seem to find a proper guide on how to do it on the web... Could anyone help? Normally, it should be fairly simple: just have the remote machine route any connections coming from tun1 not intended to it to its router. I could do it using linux, but with OS X I'm stuck...

TIA,

K.

Salut Kinniken.

Donc, what I would suggest you do is play around with the plist files in /System/Library and an intelligent set of subdirectories within that.

You'll find all sorts of neat 'hacks' for which there are no interfaces (like, for example adding or, more importantly, removing AirPort networks to the auto-connect whitelist).

On top of that, of course, check out `route`.

I have no experience with OpenVPN so I don't want to offer you a dead end guesstimate.

Back