Running 6C75 here...

macosXrumors... "Multi-language content indexing" isn't new : it's already a part of Sherlock and it always has been a component of that technology (vTwin, if I remember well, was its code name) since its first appearance in Mac OS 8.x...

You can see this exact same dialogue box you photographed by opening Sherlock's preferences in Mac OS X.1.5 and clicking on the "Language" button there... (It is also there, but under another menu item in Mac OS 9.)

;)

Originally posted by alexachucarro
What was the extra word in front of Dual?
I cannot figure out what it was written before macosXrumors blurred the info, but I would think that :
  • he has a dual PowerPC machine (we can clearly see "PowerPC G") and
  • apparently Jaguar also displays the CPU's speed
There is certainly something else, though, because the first word on the Processor line and the number after the G were extra-blurred :eek:

Hum ! Someone seems to have access to some restricted hardware... in France no less. What software company has a Premier ADC membership in France ? :D

Apple has sent out G5's along with jaguar [they come in black boxes] to various people for testing.

Finally, on all screens, you can see that interface is now really smarter, especially the buttons which are thinner and more refined.

You did it! You stole my definition! ;)

Dunno what you're all speculating, but the line clearly (blurrily) says: XXX MHz PowerPC G3.

Originally posted by fryke
Dunno what you're all speculating, but the line clearly (blurrily) says: XXX MHz PowerPC G3.
Oops ! You're right ! I had forgotten to put "MHz" in there...

Knowing this, if I type the following in Lucida Grande over the blurred text, it fits perfectly :
Code:
700 MHz  PowerPC  G3
:( ;) (Of course, it could be any 3 digit number, since the numbers are too blurry to figure them out)

LOL! Could be 233MHz, for that matter!
Here's an unblurred version of the Jag "About This Mac."
(And yes, it is fast.) :D

Attachments

• aboutbox.jpg
    aboutbox.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 46
Just so you guys know, on dual processor Macs, it doesn't say the word "dual". It says "2 X PowerPC G4". Maybe it's different for Jaguar, but I though I'd mention that anyway.

Back