sad face on startup

hockimasta143

Registered
Hi, I'm new here. I really like this forum. I have a question about my ipod (U2 version)...

When I start it, picture of an ipod comes on to the screen with a sad face. Underneath, it says "www.apple.com/support/ipod. Has anyone come across this before?

thanks!

Its file system seems broken.

Can your Mac or PC see the iPod? If so, install the latest iPod updater from Apple's site, and run it on your iPod, select "restore to factory settings" - that will put the software to the form it was when it came as new, and delete all added files there. If that would not be successful, try it again after resetting (while plugged to mains or to computer, make sure hold is not on, and then press menu and the middle button for 6 seconds until you get the apple logo showing, then retry installing hte software). If that still fails, then .. more details. Mac or PC etc?
There is also an option that it would need to be sent to service to repair it. But if we can install the software, that may fix it. Can the iPod be seen by computer, and by iTunes? Since when did you see the sad iPod icon, and what happened before?

While it's trying to update the iPod's software you rip it out, because it's _boring_?

Rather than promote yourself here and use this forum for a form of "free advertising," it would be looked upon in a better light if you simply posted the relevant information.

As it stands, why would someone need (or even want) to go through the hassle of visiting your site, possibly giving their email address away to a spammer, logging in, downloading the material, reading through it, then fixing their iPod when you could have just posted the answer here?

Back