Safari 11.1.2 "Please verify you are a human" help

PBear

Registered
How do I get passed this page (attached) in Safari? Javascript is enabled in Preferences and cookies are enabled. This just started happening recently.
In Firefox 70.0.1 the page comes up where I can verify that I am human.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.55.03 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.55.03 PM.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.55.17 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.55.17 PM.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 7
Do you have this issue with other sites when you use the verification?

If you disable "Prevent cross-site tracking" under Privacy, you won't have to verify you are a human every single time it comes up, plus you will give relevant ads on websites you visit, vs just random stuff. I'm all about privacy, but having this enabled is more burdensome than the privacy issues.

Maybe you are using an adblocker that is too aggresive. Try changing your adblocker settings, or use a different adblocker - or turn your adblocker off, while you are using that site.
Do you have the same issue with any OTHER web sites?
Also, older versions of Safari (as well as older versions of other web browsers) might be blocked out by that site (Adorama.com) Your Firefox is (almost) current, where the Safari 11 is several years old. If you can't upgrade your macOS version to get a newer version of Safari - at least you do have the option of updating your Firefox to current version 71.
You might be able to find out more information by "contacting the site website administrator at info@adorama.com". That site may have tightened restrictions for the holiday season. They may even tell you to "use a different browser, such as Firefox"

Do you have this issue with other sites when you use the verification?

If you disable "Prevent cross-site tracking" under Privacy, you won't have to verify you are a human every single time it comes up, plus you will give relevant ads on websites you visit, vs just random stuff. I'm all about privacy, but having this enabled is more burdensome than the privacy issues.
I haven't run in to any other sites that need verification from me.
I didn't find "Prevent cross-site tracking" under Privacy to disable.

Maybe you are using an adblocker that is too aggresive. Try changing your adblocker settings, or use a different adblocker - or turn your adblocker off, while you are using that site.
Do you have the same issue with any OTHER web sites?
Also, older versions of Safari (as well as older versions of other web browsers) might be blocked out by that site (Adorama.com) Your Firefox is (almost) current, where the Safari 11 is several years old. If you can't upgrade your macOS version to get a newer version of Safari - at least you do have the option of updating your Firefox to current version 71.
You might be able to find out more information by "contacting the site website administrator at info@adorama.com". That site may have tightened restrictions for the holiday season. They may even tell you to "use a different browser, such as Firefox"

I tried turning off AdBlock but it didn't help any.
Nope, just the Adorama site gives me issues.

Is there anything I can try to make the reCaptcha image to show up in Safari like it does in Firefox so I could verify that I am a human?

the "Prevent Cross-site checking" is in newer versions of Safari - I think since version 12, maybe 13 - newer than yours, anyway/

It's possible that the version of Captcha used by that web site is not supported by your old Safari.

Why not use Firefox? Your Firefox is almost current, Your Safari is not
You might update your OS X to a newer version - giving you a newer Safari version.

the "Prevent Cross-site checking" is in newer versions of Safari - I think since version 12, maybe 13 - newer than yours, anyway/

It's possible that the version of Captcha used by that web site is not supported by your old Safari.

Why not use Firefox? Your Firefox is almost current, Your Safari is not
You might update your OS X to a newer version - giving you a newer Safari version.
I kind of like using Safari over other browsers. Contemplating whether I should at least update to OS X 10.12 for now or I could just use FF if I need to visit Adorama's website.
Thanks for your help!

Back