Safari 3.0.4 "cannot decode raw data"

sbuzdug

Registered
Hi,

I've been using Safari 3 that came installed with Leopard. Whenever I try to load a page from Flickr, I receive an error:

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.flickr.com/photos/...”. The error is: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

I've done a search on this on the error on these forums and with google and haven't turned up anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Thank you very much for your help!

Stephen

I am a registered Flickr user. I have no problem at all accessing Flickr using Safari 3.0.4 under MacOS X 10.4.11. If you post a link to your specific problem page, then I can check to see if it gives me a problem.

Thanks! Well, it happens intermittently. Yesterday, I was able to view the website with no problems. Usually, I'm able to get to the homepage (www.flickr.com) but then when I click on any photo, whether it's mine or anyone else's, I get the error. Then, when I try to return to the homepage, I receive the error again, even if I clear caches, etc.

Thanks again for your help.

One interesting thing...if I turn off cookies, the website seems to work without any problems. When I allow cookies to be accepted, the problem occurs again. Any thoughts or ideas?

Delete any current cookie that have Flickr n it, then try the site. One of those cookies maybe corrupt.

Thanks Satcomer, I've tried that, and it works only sometimes but only temporarily. When I visit the site again later, the problem recurs. Also, when I receive this error, if I'm patient and reload any particular page that's giving me the error (like if I'm trying to look at a particular photo), if I try to reload that page, it will finally load after several attempts (but if I go to another photo, the problem recurs and I have to do this all over again). Once again, if I disable cookies, then I don't have this problem at all...

Thanks again!

Stephen

Ok, I've isolated it to the session cookie for flickr (which doesn't get stored in the cookies.plist it seems). When I delete that file from the preferences, the particular page in flickr will load. After the successful load, if I navigate to another flickr page, I receive the error and I have to delete the session cookie again and reload. This is pretty much the pattern. Any idea why this is happening?

I get the same problem all the time with ebay (UK). On a daily basis - and it's intermittent. Often happens when I try to view My Ebay or if I'm looking at a listing repeatedly. Quite annoying, I've sent bug reports to Apple regularly.

Back