Safari 3.03 Public Beta and new iMac

tdemarco

Registered
I downloaded Safari303Beta.dmg and tried to install it on my brand new 24" iMac, running 10.4.10. The install stopped, with a message that "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update." I have plenty of disk and plenty of memory. Any ideas?

Not too sure what might be happening, but the Safari Beta (keep in mind that it is a beta, and will expire soon) does archive your present Safari 2. The installer probably expects to find your present Safari in your Applications folder (and not in a sub-folder that you might have created). Have you changed the location of the original Safari from the original Applications folder, or deleted it?

Wow. That was impressive. As you surmise, the beta needed to find the 2.0 version to build upon, and I had cleverly moved it so that I could fall back smoothly if I didn't like the beta. (The too clever user, c'est moi.) Anyway, I put it back in Applications and the install worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

t.

I had a similar problem with installing 303Beta but my existing Safari (3.0.2)
is already in the Applications folder. I wanted to try 303Beta because 3.0.2
crashes way too much to be useful. I'm running 10.4.10.

Lucky you :)
I had to go back to 2.x as Sogudi and Safari Stand didn't like it. And I don't feel like living without them.

Back