Safari 5.0.6 will not launch on my ppc with OS 10.5.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good!

Download and install your OS X combined updater.
You can get that here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL866

Don't be concerned if that takes a long time to install. I have seen that updater take an hour or more to complete.
I suggest that you restart your Mac before reinstalling the updater
I recommend the combined updater, because it often will clear out "cruft" from your system files - and it checks that all previous system updates are correctly in place.
When the updater finishes, you will be forced to restart. And - try out Safari then.
- - - -
If that updater does NOT help get Safari working, then you will need to reinstall OS X, using the option to Archive & Install.
Do you have your Leopard installer DVD?

Well the updater did not help. I thought for sure it would & that it would be a great birthday present. I was thinking the same thing, I'll have to
archive & install from my DVD.

I would like to say, "Thank you" so much to all who tried to help me with this problem!!! GO "macos.com"!!!

I see it's a bit late now (since you probably did the install already) :( but quickly checking the threads (after now being back home from travel), apart of the application enhancer stuff I see

8]): posix_spawn("/Applications/CheckUp.app/Contents/MacOS/CheckUpAgent", ...): No such file or directory
May 26 07:26:20 Macintosh-6 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.app4mac.CheckUpAgent[9458]): Exited with exit code: 1
Whatever app4mac software or remains of it you had installed was (or is if still present) creating problems and wasting resources
Lots of calls for Unsanity while you tried to launch Safari; in Console log there was just Unsanity call after Unsanity call...
(And of course the Unsanity stuff is usually installed for all users, so it loads for them all, not making a difference for a different user, or safe mode etc).
I recommend (at least for your system) to keep the APE and Unsanity out of your Mac for now. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back