Safari and macosx.com - auto login problem

naodx

Registered
Ok, I've had a problem that has been bothering me for a while. I can't remember exactly when it started, but for some reason Safari will no longer allow me to auto-log into this awesome site.

I have the box checked to 'remember me', but for some reason it doesn't work.

I've deleted the safari.plist file and still no go. I've even checked the Keychain and made certain that it was set for safari.

I can auto login to this site from other browsers that I've tried, but Safari won't, on either of my machines.

Machine 1: Ti 667 running 10.3.3
Machine 2: MDD dual 1 GHz running 10.3.3

Any thoughts or ideas??????

"Remember Me" on a web site works by setting a cooky in your browser. It sounds as if the cooky for the particular web site in Safari has become corrupted. Go to Safari > Preferences > Security > Show Cookies, find the cooky for the particular web site and delete it (or them as the case may be). Then go to the problem web site, enter your id and password and check the "Remember Me" box one more time and hopefully that will do it.

Also, make sure you're set to accept cookies in the Safari Preferences, under "Security." If you're set not to accept cookies, it won't matter how many times you tell Safari to "remember me," it'll never auto-login for you.

Back