Safari Bookmarks Are Magically Reappearing

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
It's snowing outside. So, I thought it would be a good day to get rid of some old bookmarks. I discovered I have HUNDREDS.... duplicates from an old import, I figured, so I started with the task ...

Then, after painstakingly moving folders around, eliminating duplicate sites, removing sites I have memorized or no longer need, I start to realize I'm doing the same thing over and over and over again.

I don't have an iphone. I do have an Android phone. I don't have safari on it. I do have an ipad. Is the ipad resyncing my bookmarks?

I was working on a folder, eliminating bookmarks, suddenly there was a bump and 66 out of 100 bookmarks were back on the computer.

How do I eliminate the bookmarks on the computer? And, if the ipad is syncing to it, how do I make sure that if I power down the ipad, that when I power it back up again, it doesn't put the bookmarks back on the computer?

So much for this idea today. :-( LOL

Turn off Safari in iCloud. That should let you prune out your bookmarks.
Then I turn it back on? iCloud is confusing because I have it where I sign in for Safari. I don't have it where when I click it says I can't edit anything old. So, I don't want that to happen .

What iCloud is insisting on syncing what is on the cloud to what is on your machine. Turning off Safari, will allow you to manage your bookmarks, then when you turn it back on, it will keep what you have on the machine as the new sync.

Back