Safari can't connect to any server

MikeMTL

Registered
I've been using Safari for a very long time now, probably since it came out a few years ago and I have never had a problem such as this. For some reason, every single page I go to with Safari can't be opened. I get, "Safari can't connect to the server,"–the message I get when I try to open a page and I am not connected to the internet (I'm on a modem.) And I get this message almost just as soon as I hit return to go to a site, Safari doesn't even seem to be trying to open the page. This just started happening Friday morning and I have made no abnormal changes to anything on the computer such as installing new software and what not. And this is all very strange because, while cursed Internet Explorer still works, Software Update does not. iChat and Mail work as well without any problem. What's going on? If anyone can help, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Have you upgraded to 10.3.7 yet? While your problem doesn't sound exactly like a similar problem that others experienced with 10.3.5 - 10.3.6, 10.3.7 includes a number of networking enhancements that may help, including a fix for a Safari bug where websites would time out on the first access attempt.

Thanks alot guys for the quick reply. Convert, I'm downloading the update right now so I'll know in about two hours if it'll work. I'll post again when it finishes. Thanks again.

-Mike

Oh, yeah... I was downloading the wrong update. I need the combined update ad that is almost 100Mb. So I probably won't be posting back until tomorrow or Tuesday sometime. Thank you iGetter!

Okay, I seem to have found the problem. My mom changed something in the network preferences and didn't tell me. Well, thanks anyway guys for the help. It is great having a forum like this that I can go to whenever I need help because there are always great people willing to give me a hand.

Back