Safari crashes!

zoranb

Registered
Ive upgraded to the latest Tiger update 10.4.11 which uses Safari 3.0.4 and im very displeased with the outcome of this upgrade. Safari just crashes 30-40 times a day, specially when im opening more than 1 page in tabs simultaneously and not only, also when opening them without tabs! Has anyone come across this or might there be some other conflict i should be looking for?

There are several ways to start troubleshooting. The most basic is to throw out Safari preferences - and empty the cache, of course. Did you repair permissions after the update? Better late than never.

Second step might be to download a fresh copy of Safari. Without knowing your maintenance routine or your upgrade procedure, hard to advise. Is Safari the only thing acting up? Then I'd bet on a fresh copy. Trash the old one before installing the new.

Where can i get a copy of Safari? Also might it be helpful to download a previous version of Safari (before ver3) as well as for Firefox (looking for ver 2.08) but where i have no idea where to get it or start looking!

You might try uninstalling such plug-ins as Speed Download, or any other 3rd party plug-ins which might be causing the crash.

where are those plugins located?

/YourHardDrive/Library/InputManagers

/YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/InputManagers

/YourHardDrive/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins

/YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins

Yeeeeeehaa! Ok its fixed, i cleared the Input Managers folder that contained some files from Speed Download and all is perfect now!
Thanx Satcomer great piece of advice, thanx!

Back