Safari E-mail

What mail are you talking about? Being able to access your email via webmail is dependent upon your ISP and email provider, not Safari... can you elaborate a little on what you're trying to accomplish?

So sorry, am new to Apple. Am using Mail on Apple OSX (my provider is BT Yahoo). I can access Bt Yahoo mail on my PC at work of course, but it does not show the mail opened up through Mail on my Apple. Hope I have explained myself sufficiently. Forgive my niavety (?)!

Kathy

Yoiur account with BT Yahoo is most likely a POP account, meaning that when you receive a message (like with Apple's Mail program), the message is downloaded to your computer and removed from the server (hence, why you cannot access those messages via webmail -- they've been downloaded to your Mac and removed from the server).

In your account settings on Apple Mail, there are options in your BT Yahoo account to "leave messages on the server" or something similar to that. I'm not in front of a Mac right now, so I can't give you specific steps to take, but will be in about 8 hours and can post back with how to make the messages "stay" on the server so you can access them remotely.

Or yes, you should be able to use the webmail through Safari. Just open the right URL, enter your account details etc... Have you _tried_ yet before asking? If it didn't work, what happened? If it worked, where's the problem? :)

fryke said:
Or yes, you should be able to use the webmail through Safari.

I believe Kathy's question was "can she use a PC and webmail to access her e-mail"
If there's a version of "Safari" for PC's it would be news to me, and really good news to all those PC er's out there.

jb.

go to bt.yahoo.com and login. simple.
You can get your mail via mail.app.outlook and via Safari, Firefox, IE etc.

Actually, I think what she's saying is that if she downloads the e-mail via Apple's Mail program, then when she does access the account via webmail, the messages that were downloaded to Apple's Mail do not show in the webmail anymore (and, rightfully so for a POP account).

You can configure Mail to leave POP messages on the server, so that you can download them at home on the Mac, as well as access them later via webmail.

Back