Safari email-defaults to helv. fractions and becomes unreadable

stevebanzai

Registered
Every now and then some of my email body copy and sometimes header information defaults to Helvetica Fractions and becomes unreadable. Even when I go into mail preferences and play with the fonts going from the default set to others it doesn't alter from the helv. frac. font. The only way I can force a font change is to go into the font utility in the OS Dock and disable the helvetica fraction font, and then it works but I lose the use of that font. Its not so much that I mind losing helvetica fractions, but I would sure like to just fix it.

HELP

I'm kind of confused :confused:. Are you talking about Mail.app? Apple's Mail program?

If so; you'll have to set it up again; but go to

Macintosh HD > Users > yourusername > Library > Prefrences

Move the file "com.apple.mail.plist" to the desktop. Start Mail; set it up again and see if it works correctly. If it does; delete the plist file.

this happens to me to - but with helvetica inahamper. and it happens with all apple apps: mail, ichat, safari etc. i also dont mind removing helvetica inahamper, but how is it that the problem recurrs even after removing the font? at leat now ive figured out the problem..the first time, i was totally confused.

Back