Safari favourites?

FrgMstr

Registered
Does anyone know if there is a way to nest folders in the favourites tab as well as make all the favourites drop down when i click bookmarks?

It is quite irritating not to have the bookmarks easily accessible as in IE
i havent been able to find a setting for it anywhere in preferences?

Thanks in advance :)

you can put all your bookmarks in say the bookmark bar, and also copy them into the bookmark menu. i dont think you can do it automagically though.

Put a folder in the Bookmarks Bar Items and put your links in it. You can put multiple folders in that folder and have submenus.

click on Show All Bookmarks in the bookmarks menu. click on the + (plus) at the bottom of each window. This will add a new folder which you can name as you like. You can drag a folder inside another folder. I don't know how many can be nested, but it's at least 10 levels. If you click the box in the Auto-tab column, then, when the icon is clicked, that folder will automatically open tabs for all contents of the folder. I have several of these in my Bookmarks Bar.

Three years later from the original comment, I still miss IE's EASY BREEZE bookmarks! The absolutely most simple things are either impossible to find, or impossible to do in Safari compared to the beloved former IE for Mac.

I do have thousands of bookmarks and folders "nested" as described, but what I need to know -- and haven't found an answer here yet and I'm on page 10-11 of search results for "Safari Bookmarks" -- but I simply need to know how to CLOSE ALL the zillion OPEN Bookmark Folders which ONLY appear in the:

Safari 3.2.1 MENU Bar >>
Bookmarks >>
Add Bookmark >>
Bookmarks Bar drop-down menu >>
It is IN THERE that ALL my bookmarks and their Many Many Folders are OPEN, and I want them CLOSED. Otherwise it takes me FOREVER to scroll through thousands of bookmarks and folders to simply find the FOLDER where I want to put the new/added bookmark.

It really is Insane that Apple can't do a better job with their Bookmark system. It is a struggle to use.... reminds me of the old Netscape browser which I never liked, but it had a similar cumbersome bookmark system. Firefox is also too "heavy" (cumbersome, memory hog). Shiira is a breeze but it doesn't even save bookmarks. Opera is so-so-okay, but it's Back Button never works. IE was SOoooo EASY --and--User Friendly in every way. Total bummer.

Back